[whatwg] Style sheet loading and parsing (over HTTP)

On 5/23/07, gary turner <gary.kk5st at gmail.com> wrote:

> Absolutely.  Authors and server admins have the responsibility to get
> things right.  What I do not understand is how having a browser follow
> the rules is detrimental to the user.  On the contrary, ignoring the
> server or meta content-type is harmful.  Others have cited examples.

It's detrimental to the user when the user is denied content or a stylesheet
for the content because a server is misconfigured.  There are cases, such as
CSS documents and images referenced by CSS documents, where ignoring
Content-type is never harmful.  in other cases, the harm can be mitigated by
the rules in the spec.