[whatwg] Radio UserLand: Mail from Ian Hickson

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Brad Neuberg wrote:

> Here's a possible API for GET and POST semantics without XmlHttpRequest:
>
> window.location.href = base URL + URL parameters already appended
> window.location.method = GET or POST, nothing else supported
>
> If the method is a POST method, the internal code simply pulls all the
> parameters off of window.location.href and builds up a POST request
> using them.  Should it URL encode each query parameter and key first, or
> assume that they are already URL-encoded?

Would this just be to do a scripted navigation to a POST page?

A .method property on 'location' is an interesting idea, but it would
probably end up confusing (what if you set it and another script does a
.href="" thinking it will do a GET?).

window.location.post() is probably the best plan if we want to do this, I
think. The question is, what exactly is the use case? Do we want to be
doing POSTs like this without the user knowing, and with JS required?