[whatwg] Codecs (was Re: Apple Proposal for Timed Media Elements)

Kevin Calhoun schrieb:
> Just a quick correction here: QuickTime does support the MPEG-4
> container format.

Okay, thanks for pointing that out so confusion doesn't spread.

When thinking of QuickTime I was mostly thinking of older .mov files
that you can still see floating around here and there and do not contain
MPEG codecs. IIRC the MPEG4 container was more or less derived from
QickTime's .mov container, so I'm not sure if .mov actually *is*
actually the MPEG4 container by now.

Maik Merten