[whatwg] Joe Clark's Criticisms of the WHATWG and HTML 5

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 13:40:47 +0100, Nicholas Shanks
<contact at nickshanks.com> wrote:
> Mostly unused, not even deprecated, these elements bloat the spec,
> confuse lay authors (i.e. those not of a computer science background)
> and I feel would be better represented by a custom XML vocabulary.

How does that help anyone? Putting them in a custom XML vocabulary drops
all semantics directly. (Unless a search engine does some heuristics on
element names I suppose.) Custom XML vocabularies are really not something
you want to have on the web as its implied they have no known semantics.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>