[whatwg] <video> element feedback

On 23 Mar 2007, at 01:30, Sander Tekelenburg wrote:

> (Note that a mechanism to allow authors to define anchors in videos
> is not a
> solution, because it's then still the author who is in control.
> What I'm
> suggesting is about giving the user control.)

Can't we have all of:
1) A way for authors to match up timecodes with fragment identifiers
in the fallback content
2) A way for UAs to skip to that time code if a fragment identifier
is requested and it's contained within fallback the UA isn't displaying
3) And a way for users to link to timecodes that aren't marked up at
all.

>>> the client doing the request should be smart enough to know to
>>> escape the colon
>>
>> Wikipedia section IDs have lots of escaping, but it's all done by the
>> wiki server, not the UA. I don't know if this is because UAs can't be
>> trusted to get it right or not.
>
> I'm getting the impression from RFC 3986 that it is up to the app...

RFCs are one thing, implementations are another.

- Nicholas.