[whatwg] canvas elements <rect> <polygon> etc

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:47:36 +0100, carmen <_ at whats-your.name> wrote:
> thats kind of what i'm asking, it looks like SVG has its own API
> already, sort of similar to canvas. are there plans to merge? can you
> use svg elements inwide a canvas element or will the browser not find
> them? are there plans for that to change? etc.

Roughly said, <canvas> can be used for bitmap manipulation and SVG can be
used for vector graphics. They have different purposes although I suppose
you can solve the same problem with both now and then. Given that, there
are no plans to merge them and there's no plan for that to change.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>