[whatwg] Should <address> be more general-purpose?

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 06:59:24 +0000
fantasai wrote:

> I'd rather see an <attribution> element than an <author> element.
> It is more generally useful.

Can you explain what the difference would be? Would an <attribution>
element include copyright holders as opposed to creators? If so, I think
bundling them together makes gathering citation data much more
difficult. As gathering such data is one major use for such elements, I
think that would be a mistake.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis