[whatwg] <video> element proposal

Elliotte Harold schrieb:
> Maik Merten wrote:
> I don't think we need a novideo element. This would work:
>
> <video>
>     Complete marked up transcript of the video.
> </video>
>
> This is much more accessible and great for search engine optimization.

This makes sense, although I'm not sure if it's always a good idea to
mix legacy browsers handling with content that is supposed to be
valuable for all browsers. Your full transcript would thus perhaps
contain an <object> tag that isn't targeted at browsers supporting
<video> but is nonetheless part of the content that is valuable for such
browsers.

I'm not sure if this actually is considered to be an issue.

Maik Merten