[whatwg] audio vs. video

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 02:56:31 +1100, Maik Merten <maikmerten at gmx.net> wrote:

> Elliotte Harold schrieb:
>> If we add a video element, should we for the same reasons add an audio
>> element? If not, why not?
>
> I'd say that audio and video actually are pretty similiar. They need
> controls to start playback, to stop playback, to seek, to pause, ...
>
> Perhaps there shouldn't be a <video> element but more something like
> <mediastream audio="true" video="true"> or something like that.

At which point you start heading back to "object". It seems we should either take the SMIL approach and make special containers for each kind of media (how many kinds? What is a flash video that has interactive bits? Or an SVG that is mostly video with a few interaction choices? Or interactive SVG with some audio?), or fix object...

cheers

Chaals

  hablo espa?ol  -  je parle fran?ais  -  jeg l?rer norsk
chaals at opera.com          Try Opera 9.1     http://opera.com