[whatwg] require img dimensions to be correct?

On Sat, 3 Mar 2007, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> There's an open issue in Web Apps 1.0 on img dimensions:
>
> The height and width attributes give the preferred rendered dimensions
> of the image if the image is to be shown in a visual medium.
>
> Should we require the dimensions to be correct? Should we disallow
> percentages?
>
> I'll vote -1 on requiring the dimensions to be correct. Today on the web
> many pages and authors rely on being able to rescale an image with width
> and height.
>
> I'm +1 on allowing percentages. That seems like a useful feature to me.

The question isn't whether or not you should have the ability to scale
images; it's clear that this is desirable. The question is whether it
makes sense to put this in HTML as opposed to CSS. Why would HTML be the
place to put this? If we put this in HTML, how can we still drop <font>,