[whatwg] Content Model Restrictions on table>tr in HTML

Once upon a time Ian Hickson shaped the electrons to say...
> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Simon Pieters wrote:
> > From: Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch>
> > > Hm. Actually an <optgroup> start tag has to imply an </optgroup> end tag
> > > for compatibility with browsers... spec fixed.
> > Then nested optgroups as allowed in WF2 is just another thing that only
> > works in XHTML5? How many sites would break if </optgroup> wasn't
> > implied here?
> All those that used more than one <optgroup> without mentioning
> </optgroup>. I don't think that's uncommon.

Yeah, I would think that the only way to imply a closing </optgroup>,
really, is the </select> tag.  As long as they can be nested, which
was always the intent - it was just watered down in HTML 4.

-MZ
--
megazone-at-megazone.org  http://www.MegaZone.org/   Gweep, Geek, Human, me.
http://www.TiVoLovers.com/  http://www.Eyrie-Productions.com/ -><- Hail Eris