[whatwg] Google Gears and HTML5

On 6/12/07, Chris Prince <cprince at google.com> wrote:

> > what's the use case for "remove"
>
> Without it, once you put a given URL in the ResourceStore, it would be
> served from there forever.  Also, remember that the ResourceStore
> doesn't auto-update URL contents like the ManagedResourceStore does.
>
> > what's the use case for ... "rename" and "copy"
>
> Sometimes you want to return the contents of one real-world URL (like
> http://example.com/) in response to a different URL request (like
> http://example.com/?offline=1).  The "rename" and "copy" methods let
> you do that.

Why can't the app just request the resource from the server with the correct
URI to start with?

I'm a bit fuzzy on the use cases you have in mind for ResourceStores in
general.

Rob
--
"Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred
denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back,