[whatwg] Still more comments and questions on Web Apps 1.0

Le 2007-06-10 ? 7:05, Anne van Kesteren a ?crit :

> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:03:54 +0200, Michel Fortin
> <michel.fortin at michelf.com> wrote:
>>> I don't think XML does that, actually.
>
> See the first paragraph of http://www.w3.org/TR/xml/#syntax for the
> reason why this is so. White space outside the the root element is
> markup and not text.

Yyou're right. I was indeed missing something. Thank you.

In that case, I guess it'd make sense to do the same for HTML.

Oh and I've said PHP 5's parser (libxml2) treat it as text; I've just
realised there was an error in my test. In reality it does ignore
whitespace at the root of the document. Sorry for the confusion.

Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://www.michelf.com/