[whatwg] Text selection in IFrames

From: Fabian Jakobs <fabian.jakobs@1und1.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:53:34 +0200
Hi,

from the HTML5 spec it is not clear to me how text selections with
embedded iframes.

If I have a text selection in an iframe and select text or click on any
element in the parent document the browsers behave like this:

IE 6/7, Safari3/Webkit:
The selection in the iframe is cleared.

FF2 (tested in OSX):
The selection in the iframe is marked as inactive using a different
background color

Opera 9.2 (tested on OSX):
The selection does not change visually. Text in both documents is
selected at the same time.

What is the desired behavior in this case?

Best Fabian

--
Fabian Jakobs
JavaScript Framework Developer

1&1 Internet AG
Brauerstra?e 48
76135 Karlsruhe

Amtsgericht Montabaur HRB 6484

Vorstand: Henning Ahlert, Ralph Dommermuth, Matthias Ehrlich, Andreas Gauger, Matthias Greve, Robert Hoffmann, Norbert Lang, Achim Weiss