From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 19:11:54 -0700
Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> This also applies to the <title> element in Opera 9. Internet Explorer 7
>> always drops the <title> element from the DOM. The first <title> in
>> document order (depth-first) is equal to document.title.
>
> IE7's behaviour looks like what the spec says now, and what the spec says
> now matches Firefox and Safari, so I'd rather not change it.

We're actually planning on changing our behavior here to not move
<title> elements into the head. I really doubt that there is code out
there that depends on the <title> element appearing in the head since
there is little reason for current web authors to muck around with the
<title> element at all given that it doesn't do anything once it's
parsed. (this is IMHO a bug in current implementations).

/ Jonas