[whatwg] Multi-touch events

From: Rowan Nairn <rnairn@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 23:44:58 -0800
Hi, I'm new to the list so I'm not sure if this is beyond scope or not
but has anybody thought about what kind of mouse events we would like
to get, say the iPhone (or similar) passes all the touches on to the
DOM?

I'm thinking the minimal helpful API change would be a new field for
the Event object that uniquely identifies a "pointing device" for the
duration of a mousedown-mousemove-mouseup cycle.

Any thoughts?  Some more of mine here:
http://eurekaman.com/towards-multi-touch-in-the-browser

Rowan