[whatwg] WF2: Non-validating submit buttons

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:51:18 +0000
Hi,

From: "Kornel Lesinski" <kornel@osiolki.net>
>Saving incomplete forms is a recommendation in <cite isbn="0-7357-1410-X"
>;) >Devensive Design for the Web</cite> which provides www.bankone.com as
>an example site that saves incomplete applicatios (I don't know however if
>that's via save button or just up to the last completed step).

Ok.

>IMHO non-validating button makes sense for saving drafts of various kinds
>(webmail, blog post, wiki page).
>

>Another use-case is a preview button.
>
>Example: comment submission on a blog. You may require users to fill-in
>their name and e-mail address, but these fields aren't neccessary to
>display a preview of text formatting.

Although if a preview is forced then the fields are in fact not required,
but I know that some blogs have both Post and Preview available but I don't
know of any that differentiate between fields being required or not required
(client-side) for submitting the form using the different submit buttons.

I agree though that it would be useful.

Regards,
Simon Pieters

Tj?na pengar - s?lj p? auktion http://tradera.msn.se/