[whatwg] xml:space

From: liorean <liorean@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:18:39 +0100
On 1/23/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:
> xml:space can't affect the tree being formed as far as I know. It's not
> entirely clear to me what its use is anyway, except in SVG, where they
> defined it in a funny way to make it do something.

Hmm, reading the relevant part of the XML1.0 spec again, I see you're
right. So, it would seem to me that it's an attribute describing
whitespace semantics in content, not a structural attribute like I
thought. So, say you have a <poetry:poem> element, but where the
element semantics doesn't specify whether whitespace is important in
the poem or not (it might be, but that depends on the poem content),
you can specify it in that attribute.
--
David "liorean" Andersson