[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Martin Atkins <mart@degeneration.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:48:11 +0000
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:

> What are you guys talking about? You've got this exactly backwards: you
> don't consult online services to find out ISBNs (although you can); you
> use ISBNs to find books on online services.

So do you expect browsers to use an online service to look up
information about a given referenced book? What online service should
they use to do this, and what happens when that online service ceases to
exist at some point in the future?

I'm not sure what exactly you expect browsers to do with the ISBN you've
entered. Certainly just displaying the bare ISBN onscreen with no other
information isn't very user-friendly.