[whatwg] [webforms] input type=emails (allow multiple email addresses in one input)

From: Mihai Sucan <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 18:37:23 +0200
Hello!

I know it's rather very late for comments and suggestions to WebForms 2.
Yet, I think they are welcome for future versions. Hixie, if you have any
notes (or whatever) about WF3, please also include this suggestion (if you
haven't done so already).

Today I was working on a newsletter web application where the client is
given an input labeled "To", just like in email clients. The client can
wirte multiple comma separated email addresses. I intended to use the
input type=email WF2 enhancement, however I've just learned this only
works with inputs which accept one single email address.

For WF3 I would suggest that this use case should be taken into
consideration.

Most email web applications have a single "To" field where the user can
write multiple comma separated email addresses, with autocomplete for each
address.

The new type value could be "emails", "email-list", or even "email-csv".

Thank you for your time.

--
ROBO Design - We bring you the future
http://www.robodesign.ro