[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:12:16 +0100
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:34:08 +0100, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen at iki.fi> wrote:
> This may look snarky, but it seems to me that this thread is mainly
> about finding a problem that <q>, cite='' and <cite> would solve and
> then tightening their definitions so that they could actually solve that
> problem.

Well, the reason I started this thread was to provide a replacement /
alternative to the cite="" attribute as defined for the <blockquote> and
<q> elements using some terminology the HTML5 proposal already provided.
Mostly to make the metadata more "visual".

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>