[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Rimantas Liubertas <rimantas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:37:22 +0200
> /me creates HTML 6.0
>
> Just 4 elements
>         html, div, span, a
> and a few attributes.
>         class, href, title, id, rel, etc
>
> Human audience will be satisfied. A lot simpler to type. For the rest
> it is just a question of css and appropriate class. I would like to
> have role and about though, and I'm satisfied. Useless semantics
> [Henri Sivonen (c)] defined by profiles with values of attributes.

Cannot html element be dropped safely? And one of the div-span pair should go.
I have mixed feelings here - div is shorter, but span looks more apropriate:
it can span a word, or it can span a paragraph...

So in HTML6.1 we are left with span and a. All the mess was moved to
class and rel
attributes  :)

> And sincerely I do not think the addition of elements will solve many
> things for HTML.

Agrred. But this is very very tough problem - where to draw the line.

Regards,
Rimantas
--
http://rimantas.com/