[whatwg] <blockquote cite> and <q cite>

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 01:22:29 +0900

Le 4 janv. 2007 ? 00:24, Henri Sivonen a ?crit :
> ?Quotation? (<a href='...'>Source</a>)
>
> Punctuation and plain links go a long way for human readers. And I
> am unconvinced that authors would be willing to spoon feed data
> mining tools, considering that the beneficiaries of such spoon
> feeding are not the authors themselves nor even their direct human
> audience.

/me creates HTML 6.0

Just 4 elements
	html, div, span, a
and a few attributes.
	class, href, title, id, rel, etc

Human audience will be satisfied. A lot simpler to type. For the rest
it is just a question of css and appropriate class. I would like to
have role and about though, and I'm satisfied. Useless semantics
[Henri Sivonen (c)] defined by profiles with values of attributes.

As a side note, the fact that human authors are the main users of the
data doesn't mean that the rest of tools is useless.

And sincerely I do not think the addition of elements will solve many
things for HTML.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***