[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:28:16 +0200, Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Actually, the fact that many native English speakers cannot write
> "it's" vs. "its" or "they're" vs. "their" vs. "there" correctly
> suggests that people have a tendency to think in terms of aural
> *presentation* of the language instead of the *semantics* of the
> language.

I can say the same for the French language: common written mistake are
the ones for wich there is no aural difference.

When I have to decide for either <em> or <strong>, I just say my
sentence out loud; if I tend to mark a small pause after the emphasized
element, I use <strong>, if not I use <em>.

These are two arguments for the aural, but YMMV.
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)