[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

From: David Latapie <david@empyree.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:56:56 +0100
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:05:47 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson wrote:
>  * Radical new benefits to offset the pain of change
>  * Backwards-compatibility with the old technology

I agree.

> It's the first really open,
> collaborative community that has taken on a task of this magnitude

AFAICR from Daniel Glazman?s ParisWeb 2006 conference, before W3C, IETF
was really open too -- problem seemed to be it was too much open, but I
don't know enough of Web history. So WHATWG may be called the ?*second*
really open, collaborative community?. Or, to put it in a more
optimistic light, a ??back to the origins? movement.?

I don't say so just for nitpicking, but would also appreciate feedbacks
from people who were already there by IETF times; what are the
difference between ?IETF time? and ?WHATWG time? in the way of working?
--
</david_latapie>             U+0F00
http://blog.empyree.org/en (English)