[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:41:12 +0000
Michel Fortin wrote:
> About that, I would like to suggest that the current text be changed to
> reserve class names starting with a dash "-" for private use. That way
> that we would have a pool of class names which are guarantied to not be
> taken over later when new predefined class names are added.

Surely it would make much more sense to have all the predefined class
names start with a dash? After all, XHTML5 is not yet standardised,
whereas people have been using all sorts of random class names for years
- but, I suspect, mostly without a leading dash.

This is similar to the C/C++ thing of having reserved symbols like
__LINE__ start with an underscore.

Gerv