[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

From: Vlad Alexander <vlad.alexander@xhtml.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 21:21:55 -0500
Thank you Ian. Just one follow-up question. You wrote:

>...We could require editors to do this, but since nobody knows
> how to do it, it would be a stupid requirement. ...

Is it due to a flaw in HTML that it is difficult to build authoring tools, such as WYSIWYG editors, that generate markup rich in semantics, embody best-practices and can be easily used by non-technical people? Since much of the content on the Web is created using such authoring tools, can we ever achieve a semantically rich and accessible Web?