[whatwg] several messages about HTML5

From: Rimantas Liubertas <rimantas@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 00:24:43 +0200
<...>
> 10. In the minds of most people, HTML is dead and X/HTML 5 is perceived as an attempt to resurrect it. Given this perception, how can you succeed in marketing HTML to consumers (those who build Web sites)?

Aren't those minds of the people who sell XHTML tools with false
statements like "This is because only XHTML Strict and 1.1 guarantee
the clean separation of data from formatting, making them the clear
choice whenever availability of data is an important factor."?

>From what I see around most people don't really care is it XHTML, HTML
or FOOBARML, as long as it works. Some of those who do realize that
HTML4.01 might be better idea than XHTML processed by HTML parser...

HTML5 might be very appealing excatly because it is as close to the
"real world" (tm) as possible.

Regards,
Rimantas
--