[whatwg] New markup constructs

From: Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:30:59 +0000
James Graham wrote:
> [1] http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/classes.html

What a useful URL. Where in that data is the basis for this "hi" or "m"
element which has caused so much discussion recently?

As I skim the flood of mail on that subject, I must confess that it
seems that, while prospective use cases can be constructed, and fine
semantic details can be carefully defined, I don't see the web today
crying out for this element, or having to work around its lack.

The current spec is pretty massive, and contains a lot of good stuff. As
the above URL shows, we've covered all the major bases. At this stage,
should we be erring on the side of not increasing the size without an
excellent, real-world reason?

Gerv