[whatwg] Save uploaded files in offline mode

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007, Omid Mottaghi wrote:

> Is there any way to store browsed files in offline mode to the
> globalStorage or sessionStorage?
>
> For example if I have an online gallery and want to upload images in
> offline mode.
>
> I read specification and didn't find anything related to this issue.

No, currently this is not possible. However, it has been suggested before,
and it is likely we will eventually have something for this.

In the meantime, Mozilla have experimental stuff on HTMLInputElement that
might be of interest and the Google Gears team recently started looking at
a Blob API family to handle this case. I recommend looking there.

Cheers,