[whatwg] The political and legal status of WHATWG

From: Shannon <shannon@arc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 14:38:36 +1100
> What I want is a clearer position statement  from WHATWG on the
> publics role in defining this specification.

Actually I should clarify that statement. The role of the public is
defined but what is missing is a statement of rights and how those
rights can be protected from belligerent members. A legal contract
signed by members and defining rules and penalties for non-compliance
would be a step in that direction. I don't think the public are prepared
to accept promises anymore.

Shannon