[whatwg] HTML5 and URI Templates

From: Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:04:53 +0100
On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:16:17 +0100, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de>
wrote:

> For the record: I totally disagree. It's not the job of the URI and IRI
> RFCs to describe how a user agent has to handle things that do not
> conform to the RFC3986/3987 syntax.

Why not?

The HTML4 WG had this position about HTML as well. This position is what
makes interoperability suffer, browser vendors having to spend lots of
resources reverse engineering each other, and the resulting de facto error
handling being suboptimal (hard to make extensions, for instance).

--
Simon Pieters