[whatwg] public-html list

On 15/12/2007, Shannon <shannon at arc.net.au> wrote:
>  I imagine this must generate a lot of cross-posting and confusion. Are
> there plans to merge the groups? Which group has authority in the event of a
> dispute or is that unknown?

I think merging the groups is impossible because of how employees of a
W3C member can't be added to the W3C group without their company
joining. So employees of W3C member companies that don't want to
officially join the group (for patent policy reasons or whatever)
can't join it, not even as private persons.

>  My spider-senses tell me we're going to end up with 2 HTML5's.

Not as long as Hixie is the editor of both specs, I don't think. Even
then, as long as browser vendors have effective veto rights, I don't
think the WhatWG one will be able to diverge from the W3C one anyway.
--
David "liorean" Andersson