[whatwg] several messages regarding Ogg in HTML5

Hi Guido,

The point of a patent research is to reduce the risk. Since companies
seem to be afraid there may be submarine patents and thus Theora
expresses a large risk for companies to support it, the way to reduce
the perceived risk is to do an independent analysis of the technology
incorporated in Theora about patents that it may be infringing. This
could be funded through all the interested parties together, including
open source/standards organisations like Mozilla or Xiph, but must be
undertaken by an independent organisation. The W3C is the right
organisation IMHO.

As for the mobile argument - Theora has been demonstrated to work on
chips using HW acceleration, so I cannot really see a problem with
that.

Regards,
Silvia.