[whatwg] So called "pre-exising use by large companies"

From: Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 21:00:34 +0900
>From what I read, it is argued, that "pre-existing use by large
companies" is a good indication of less risk for submarine patents.

It is also argued, that Theora has not much "pre-exsting use by large
companies", and among others, H.264 does.

Is this really true? I have a hard time believing that no "large
companies" shipped Theora decoder ever. And how large is large? I
would appreciate any information on this matter.

--
Seo Sanghyeon