[whatwg] HTML 5, OGG, competition, civil rights, and persons with disabilities

From: James Bennett <ubernostrum@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 23:05:49 -0600
On Dec 11, 2007 6:26 PM, Jeff McAdams <jeffm at iglou.com> wrote:
> I would much rather Apple not implement HTML5 at all, so I can call
> Apple out on it in the marketplace, than to let an encumbered technology
> be ensconced in a standard like HTML5.

You know, I've been looking at the current HTML5 draft over the course
of the day. I've read it pretty thoroughly. And I can't for the life
of me find the bit that "ensconces an encumbered technology". Would
you be so kind as to point me to it?

I ask because all I see is a strongly-worded paragraph about the need
for an open, interoperable, unencumbered format. Perhaps my eyes are
going.