[whatwg] persistent storage changes

From: Shannon <shannon@arc.net.au>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:32:50 +1100
For what it's worth the changes to persistent storage have my vote. As a
web author and user it strikes the right balance between functionality
and privacy. Just one thing though, since this storage could also be
used for 'offline applications' should some mention be made regarding
access from a page hosted at 127.0.0.1 or via the file: protocol? Also I
was curious about what Firefox was putting in mine but it looks like I
need a 3rd-party sqlite app to do it. Should the spec recommend
user-agents provide a direct method of access (even though some data may
be base64 or obsfucated)?

Shannon
shannon at arc.net.au