[whatwg] Removal of Ogg is *preposterous*

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:14:50 +0100, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
<rudd-o at rudd-o.com> wrote:

> Chris Double.  That's the guy who concocted Theora support into the
> video tag.

Opera demonstrated Ogg in HTML and SVG about a year ago too - it isn't
new. We haven't yet put out more than experimental builds, but it can
certainly be done - and with SVG you can get all kinds of nice demos. Have
a look at http://labs.opera.com for our more recent work...

We're disappointed to see the spec go in this direction. I think it is a
backward step.

There is no voting in WHAT-WG, and there is not much in W3C, but there is
a reasonable process there that hopefully allows for this stuff to go back
into the specification, unless we find a better alternative (i.e. still
free). Let's keep hoping.

cheers

Chaals

     je parle fran?ais -- hablo espa?ol -- jeg l?rer norsk