[whatwg] Ogg Vorbis / Theora vote

From: John Lianoglou <john.lianoglou@mtvnmix.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:20:59 -0500
Hi everyone,

I am a newcomer to this list, specifically motivated to register to weigh in
with my sincere professional opinion that an open web is of tantamount
importance to ensuring that materials published to the web can maintain the
broadest possible accessibility, free of any propriety IP concerns.

I understand that there will be list members that may get irritated by the
sudden onslaught of sudden memberships with very vocal supporters, so I'll
keep this message brief.

Apologies to those that are, in fact, irritated by us Ogg-supporting
lobbiers; please understand that we are all simply motivated by our interest
in a vision to keep the Internet a free, vendor-neutral publishing
landscape, to the greatest degree practically feasible.

Please understand that people like me are merely so catalyzed and active
here on this issue because we recognize the importance of this
organization's work efforts.

And I, for one, furthermore truly admire the work accomplished here, so far!

Thanks,
jL