[whatwg] Video codec requirements changed

From: Håkon Wium Lie <howcome@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:15:31 +0100
Ian Hickson wrote:

 > I've temporarily removed the requirements on video codecs from the
 > HTML5 spec, since the current text isn't helping us come to a
 > useful interoperable conclusion.

I don't think this solves any problem, neither in the short term or
the long term. I suggest that the "should" text is put back in.

 > When a codec is found that is mutually acceptable to all major
 > parties I will update the spec to require that instead and then
 > reply to all the pending feedback on video codecs.

Sure, when that happens the text can be revised. But not before.

-h&kon
              H?kon Wium Lie                          CTO ??e??
howcome at opera.com                  http://people.opera.com/howcome