[whatwg] hashchange only dispatched in history traversal

From: Křištof Želechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 18:17:21 +0200
A fragment identifier was rather like a bookmark because you cannot have a
big fragment inside an anchor because a big fragment is a block-level
element and an anchor would not like having a block-level element inside.
On the other hand, the path of the URL refers to the whole document, not
just to the beginning of the document.  That is the difference between a
fragment and a bookmark.  A fragment has the beginning and the end; a
bookmark does not have the end or, if you prefer, it is like an empty
fragment where the end is equal to the beginning (it is in the same
block-level element).
Chris