I sent a bug report to Opera saying that given the markup
According to Anne the bug report was invalid per the current spec:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:03:29 +0200, <bug-261248-s1234 at bugs.opera.com>
wrote:

> I think this bug report is invalid. When you hit </foo> <dd> is the
> bottommost node of the stack. <dd> is in neither the formatting nor
> phrasing category (it's in special) and therefore the </foo> end tag is
> ignored.

However, in IE, Firefox and Safari, the DD does get closed at </foo>, so
perhaps this is a bug in the spec?

--
Simon Pieters