[whatwg] scripts that remove focus from links during document navigation

Hallvord R M Steen wrote:
> Opera has a serious usability problem for keyboard- and device-users when
> pages do the following:

> We need some prose in a spec that allows a user agent to ignore blur() for
> accessibility reasons...
>
> I'm not sure what spec to put it in, and we've also discussed possible
> collateral damage if sites use this in legitimate ways. Thoughts?

What legitimate use cases are there for blur()?  I've never used it,
I've never never seen it used in a way that hasn't forced me to disable
script to workaround it, and my searches only found explanations of how
to use it, not why or when to use it.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/