[whatwg] getElementsByClassName()

On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:16:06 +0200, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:

>>> I didn't know that this had been implemented. Which browser is
>>> supporting it?
>>  It's not supported yet. What makes you think it is?
>
> You asked for a comparison with an unimplemented standard. We could be
> here all day doing that.

Neither getElementsByClassName nor matchAll have implementations (though
both have scripted implementations). I don't really see your point.

Regarding XPath, Selectors allows you to select several things that XPath
would only allow you to do through extensions, such as selecting all valid
form controls and it's also considered to be faster (because you can only
go down in the tree) as well as easier to use for authors given that it's
widely used in CSS already.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>