[whatwg] some comments on DOM collections

Anne van Kesteren <fora at annevankesteren.nl> escreveu:

> * Error handling needs to be defined for HTMLCollection.item() and
> HTMLCollection.namedItem(). What happens if there's no such indexth node
> or node with that id? This also applies to HTMLFormControlsCollection and
> HTMLOptionsCollection.

From
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20011025/html.html#ID-33262535
item
   This method retrieves a node specified by ordinal index. Nodes are
numbered in tree order (depth-first traversal order).
Parameters
   index of type unsigned long - The index of the node to be fetched. The
index origin is 0.
Return Value
   Node - The Node at the corresponding position upon success. A value of
null is returned if the index is out of range.

This is the best thing to do, from my multiple experiences with ecmascript.