[whatwg] Detecting Web Forms for future proof scripts?

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 17:00:02 +0100, Shawn Wilsher <me at shawnwilsher.com>
wrote:

> Hopefully, you aren't duplicating work that has already been done here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/wf2/
>
> Granted, this is only for IE, but nearly half of your work is already
> done then.

This project appears to be dead for over a year now. It seems to have at
least intention to support Gecko, but I couldn't get it to work properly
in Firefox.

I've ran into similar problem as the original poster. For inputs, buttons
and repetition there's an easy solution:

input.setAttribute('type','uri');
if (input.type != 'uri') alert('no native WF2!');

but it's a stretch to assume that support of certain input type means
support for all of WF2, so I'm curious how can one detect support for
other functionality.

--
pozdrawiam, Kornel Lesi?ski