[whatwg] Table integrity and conformance

Michel Fortin wrote:

> Sometime, presentational information is needed to display a document
> correctly, and in those few cases where the presentation is tied to the
> content, I think it belongs in the markup. The align attribute, when
> used on table cells, covers one of those cases.

I think that is a stronger argument for keeping char than align.

Another argument for align is that CSS alone can't do anything useful
about alignment in columns, since inheritance only works through the
element tree. Of course, I'd prefer to see that fixed in CSS.

~fantasai