[whatwg] Space characters

On Sun, 5 Nov 2006, Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Is there a reason why the definition of space characters does not match
> the XML 1.0 and RELAX NG definition of white space (space, tab, CR, LF)
> but also includes (line tabulation and form feed)? Is the deviation from
> XML 1.0 needed for backwards compatibility with text/html UAs?

I made the parser consider VT and FF as being whitespace based on, as I
recall, a complete examination of every Unicode character's behaviour in
the parsers I was testing. The definition of "space characters" matches
the parser's behaviour for consistency.

The definition of "space characters" doesn't affect the XML parser stage
as far as I can recall, only attribute parsing and DOM conformance.