[whatwg] JSON encoding

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 08:06:23 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006, Douglas Crockford wrote:
>>
>> This is a convenience issue. Having toJSONString as a builtin is a
>> convenience, removing the need to load json.js.
>
> Assuming the thread is about introducing a way to convert a JS object
> into
> a JSON representation, then I would encourage you to contact the
> ECMAScript committee. Adding features to JavaScript is out of scope for
> the WHATWG specs.

this is getting a bit off topic, but it looks like he already has:

"It is expected that these methods will formally become part of the
JavaScript Programming Language in the Fourth Edition of the ECMAScript
standard in 2007."
<http://www.json.org/json.js>

and it's in the draft spec:
<http://developer.mozilla.org/es4/spec/chapter_19_native_objects.html>