[whatwg] Side effects free scripts

----- Original Message -----
From: "liorean" <liorean@gmail.com>
To: "whatwg" <whatwg at whatwg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:54 AM
Subject: Re: [whatwg] Side effects free scripts

| On 31/05/06, Andrew Fedoniouk <news at terrainformatica.com> wrote:

This does not mean that it has no side effects.

I don't know any algorithm of random number generation which is not
using previous value stored somewhere (seed). (I mean software based
random generation only)

Pseudo number generators have long but limited length of generated sequence.
So in some circumstances external "no side effects script", being invoked,
can force legacy code to produce not so random data. I think you understand
implications of this.

David, this is just one small demo of the problem.

Formally: as there is no formal detection algorithm
as term "side effect free script" is a nonsence, mathematicaly speaking.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com